|By Rich Tretola | September 15, 2011|
Have you ever tried to load test a Flash/Flex application that is using BlazeDS and AMF for its data communications?
If you have tried JMeter you have probably seen this error:
“Detected duplicate HTTP-based FlexSessions, generally due to the remote host disabling session cookies. Session cookies must be enabled to manage the client connection correctly.”
I am happy to say that my team member Ken Hill has created a open source JMeter plugin for load testing BlazeDS applications.
I highly suggest you check this new plugin out and support this project.
Here is some info:
This plugin gives JMeter the ability to load test applications using the AMF3 protocol. Main features:
- Record AMF and HTTP traffic with the AMF Proxy Server
- Translate AMF to XML for easy manipulation
- Set override parameters to provide each virtual user with unique Client and Session IDs
His short list for immediate improvements include:
- Automatic sampler switching – based on content type – so proxy can capture AMF and HTML in the same pass
- Decode and store AMF responses for assertion and variable extraction
- Proper XML Editor