|By Rich Tretola | May 3, 2011|
My newest book Developing Android Applications with Flex 4.5 is now available for pre-order for a printed version. The ebook version is coming soon.
Here is the description:
Ready to put your ActionScript 3 skills to work on mobile apps? This hands-on book walks you through the process of creating an Adobe AIR application from start to finish, using the Flex 4.5 framework. Move quickly from a basic Hello World application to complex interactions with Android APIs, and get complete code examples for working with Android device components—GPS, camera, gallery, accelerometer, multitouch display, and OS interactions. This book is ideal no matter how much Flex experience you have.
• Use Flash Builder 4.5 to create and debug a Flex Mobile project
• Choose a layout option to determine which files Flash Builder auto-generates
• Select permissions that control which devices can install your app from the Android Market
• Explore APIs that enable your app to interact with specific Android OS features
• Learn how to read and write text files, browse the file system for media files, and create and write to an SQLite database
• Use the URLRequest class to open your app in the browser, place calls, and create emails and text messages
• Load web and video content into your app with StageWebView
• Publish your app to an Android installer file with Flash Builder
Here is the link: