Search

Tags

Archives

« | Main | »

How I compiled the Tour de Flex Mobile to iOS /iPhone with video

By Rich Tretola | December 28, 2010
33,698 views

Yesterday, I showed my AIRonAndroidBrowser application running on an iPod touch. So, this morning I figured I would try the Flex Tour de Mobile app. Here is exactly how it was done. There is also a video at the end.

That’s it! The results are a 7mb TourDeMobileFlex.ipa file which I then installed on my iPod touch shown below.

Topics: Adobe AIR, android, Announcements, Flex 4, iphone | 40 Comments »

40 Responses to “How I compiled the Tour de Flex Mobile to iOS /iPhone with video”

1. James Ward Says:
    December 28th, 2010 at 2:02 pm

This is awesome!!! Thanks Rich!

-James

2. shri Says:
    December 29th, 2010 at 3:56 am

Hi,
    Can you share the that ipone app.

I wanted to test in my iphone

Rich Tretola Reply:

No, it is only packaged as a provisional app. Apple would never approve it.

Scoch Reply:

That’s great! I use Tour de Flex on my Nexus One.
    I’d be curious to run it on my old iPhone 3G because Tour de Flex is a kind of reference.
    Are you sure you don’t want to let us try it on our jailbroken iDevices?
    Thank you.

Rich Tretola Reply:

OK, I’ll send you the ipa.

3. Max Says:
    December 30th, 2010 at 4:00 am

Dear Rich,

I also have a jailbroken iPod touch. Could you pls email me the ipa as well.

Thanks a lot!

Done

4. Todays Learning Journey | marcusjpotter Says:
    December 30th, 2010 at 5:42 pm

[...] guide to extending your AIR for android applications with the missing APIs in current build of AIR. Flex 4.5 for use with iPhone (tour de flex) //Most of tour de flex for AIR android running on iphone bar Camera/stageView Building a [...]

5. Will Says:
    December 31st, 2010 at 7:17 am

Great tutorial. I have been following it through. I get the ipa file then try and install it on my iphone or ipad (i have double checked the provisioning for each) it loads it on to the device then when performing the finishing sync it fails. Did you experience that?

Rich Tretola Reply:

Not sure, I haven’t experienced that. Did you create a provisioning certifcate that matches your device?

6. Andrew Trice Says:
    January 3rd, 2011 at 10:42 am

Nice! How is the performance? In the video it doesn’t look optimal.

Rich Tretola Reply:

It is a bit sluggish but certainly functional. It will only get better. :-)

7. Brian Says:
    January 6th, 2011 at 11:29 am

This is sweet but I wish Adobe update the iOS packager. Thanks for posting.

Rich Tretola Reply:

It will be sweet when it is integrated into Flash Builder.

8. Mathieu St-Gelais Says:
    January 20th, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Hi. I’d like to know if anyone of you have tried this packager: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/packagerforiphone/

I understand it is intended for Flash CS5, but I figured it might just work for Flex.

Thanks!

Rich Tretola Reply:

Yes, that is what I used to package the Tour de Flex.

9. binhdocco Says:
    January 25th, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Hi good guy,

I create a simple Flex Mobile app based on http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flexsdk_hero/samples/twittertrends/firstmobile_flexapplication.pdf.

Then I use the mxmlc command to generate swf with script:

“C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\sdks\4.5.0\bin\mxmlc” -load-config “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\sdks\4.5.0\frameworks\airmobile-config.xml” -compiler.include-libraries+=”libs” -compiler.include-libraries+=”C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flexbuilder.dcrad_4.5.0.287807\dcradSwcs\4.0\locale” -compiler.include-libraries+=”C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flexbuilder.dcrad_4.5.0.287807\dcradSwcs\4.0\libs” -compiler.include-libraries+=”C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flexbuilder.dcrad_4.5.0.287807\fiberSwcs\4.0\libs” -compiler.include-libraries+=”C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flexbuilder.dcrad_4.5.0.287807\fiberSwcs\4.0\locale” -compiler.include-libraries+=”C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\sdks\4.5.0″ -sp src -o HelloHero.swf src\HelloHero.mxml

And the built is successful. But when I run the swf in standalone mode, I see nothing. And when I compile it to IPA using FPI command line, it runs without ending.

Have you had any suggestion for me. THanks

Rich Tretola Reply:

Sorry, I am not really sure what is going in with your compile.

10. ropo Says:
    January 27th, 2011 at 9:06 am

I get a strange error from the packager:
    D:\workspaces\burrito\TourDeMobileFlex\iPhone>”D:\soft\packagerForIphone\bin\pfi.bat” -package -target ipa-test -provisioning-profile mobileprovision.mobileprovision -storetype pkcs12 -keystore cert.p
    fx -storepass password TourDeMobileFlex.ipa TourDeMobileFlex-ios.xml TourDeMobileFlex.swf Default.png icons
    Exception in thread “main” java.lang.Error: Unable to find named traits: flash.media::StageWebView
    at adobe.abc.Domain.resolveTypeName(Domain.java:195)
    at com.adobe.air.ipa.IPAPackager.createPackage(IPAPackager.java:165)
    at com.adobe.air.ADTEntrypoint.parseArgsAndGo(ADTEntrypoint.java:132)
    at com.adobe.air.ipa.PFI.parseArgsAndGo(PFI.java:152)
    at com.adobe.air.ADTEntrypoint.run(ADTEntrypoint.java:68)
    at com.adobe.air.ipa.PFI.main(PFI.java:112)

Rich Tretola Reply:

StageWebView is not part of the iPhone packager yet. You will need to remove this component, recompile the SWF and then recompile the IPA.

11. Pieter Bos Says:
    February 4th, 2011 at 7:19 am

Wow it works but it is slow as hell and has some quirks on a iPhone 4. So for now it is not really usable but great that you shared it with us.

12. sheryiu Says:
    February 6th, 2011 at 12:38 am

Can you send me that .ipa file? I can’t make that for the source I get. Please

13. sheryiu Says:
    February 6th, 2011 at 12:39 am

Can you send me that .ipa file?
    I can’t make that for the source I get.
    Please.
    I want to test and run it on my iPhone 3GS.

14. Build iPhone Apps Using Flex Hero and Flash Builder | The Danosphere. Says:
    February 24th, 2011 at 12:39 am

[...] it! Shout out to the EverythingFlex Blog for helping me figure this all [...]

15. Hoang Bao Duy Says:
    February 25th, 2011 at 5:23 am

Hello Rich Tretola.
    Ho can i get Apple’s certified? Please.

Thank you.

16. Hoang Bao Duy Says:
    February 25th, 2011 at 5:23 am

Hello Rich Tretola.
    How can i get Apple’s certified? Please.

Thank you.

17. Pavel Says:
    March 15th, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Could you mail me swf file please?

18. Michael Says:
    March 23rd, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Can you now compile swf’s from Burrito using the AIR 2.6 SDK?

Rich Tretola Reply:

Now with Burrito yet. You will need to use ADT for now via the SDK and the terminal.

19. Marcos Monsão Says:
    May 17th, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Hi Rich,
    In your exemple, you use a certificate “.p12″, but the certificate of iPhone Developer is a “.cer”. How can i convert this certificate?

My apple cert is a .p12.

eBuildy Reply:

Apple certificate are not P12 file, you have to convert them using some openssl cmd lines, search on google for that

20. Eric Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Hi Rich,

Thanks for this guide. I was able to successfully get my adobe mobile air onto an iOS (iPad) however the “assets” folder did not carry through on to the iPad as it does on Android devices. The only think I can think of around this is to embed the images…

Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks

Rich Tretola Reply:

Did you check to make sure you had these included in the package (the package contents screen during the export release build)?

21. Eric Says:
    May 31st, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Hi Rich,

I compiled the swf via the mxmlc command line similar to the one in the example. When I Export to Release build it creates a apk file.

-Eric

Rich Tretola Reply:

This video was done with a hacked version of the compiler. It did not use the export to release build. You can use the new Flash Builder 4.5 to export to release build for iOS when your project is an ActionScript mobile project. For Flex mobile, you will have to wait a bit longer for an upcoming Flash Builder update from Adobe.

22. mani Says:
    August 25th, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Hi, could you send me an .ipa too?
    Thanks a lot!

23. Finally got my hands on Flash Builder 4.5.1 | //Moonkin - a creative portfolio Says:
    September 27th, 2011 at 4:48 am

[...] help from Rich Tretola over at everythingflex.com I was successful in packing the Flex Tour de Mobile for the IOS. [...]

24. Max Says:
    December 1st, 2011 at 10:19 am

if i have ipa bigger then 8 mb, I cant run application on Iphone and Ipad. I saw black screen

25. dryburn Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 4:48 am

hi im struggling to get the icon to appear on my ipad, could you help me with it?

thanks