|By Rich Tretola | November 19, 2010|
Are you an Adobe AIR developer? If you are you need to start using Adobe InMarket to distribute your Adobe AIR applications. This product (previously known as Melrose) is a new Adobe AIR distribution network. Adobe has partnered with Intel App Up to provide an additional sales channel for your application. So how does it work?
- You login to InMarket at: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-apps/inmarket/portal/index.html
- You fill out the necessary forms for payment and tax information.
- You upload your application.
- Adobe places your application in the Adobe AIR Marketplace and the Intel AppUp store.
- You can check within InMarket to see how your app is selling (your share is 70% of all sales).
To test this service, I uploaded a copy of my FotoBooth application. Here is the results:
Within Adobe AIR Market:
Within Intel AppUp:
And here is a screen shot of the InMarket dashboard (you can filter the results to show either or both marketplaces):
OK, now that you know how it works. About that Free Code Signing Certificate.
Here is what you need to do.
Register as a seller
Request a free certificate within the InMarket portal.
What’s the catch? To get your free certificate, you must agree to upload an application to the Adobe InMarket within 30 days of receiving your certificate.
Hopefully, we will see additional partners including mobile marketplaces for Adobe AIR applications in the near future.